Sunday, June 28, 2009

All My Children #21

Hello everyone !

Our beautiful Vivianna has arrived, and she is perfect indeed. I know you have all seen the pictures, but I will tell you, she is even more beautiful in person ! When I try to decide who I think she looks more like, it is a toss up. I see CJ in her, I see Bill in her, but you know I think she has her own look too. I cannot wait until you have all met her ! I just love holding her in my arms. She has the sweetest little face, and when she opens her eyes, she just looks all around. Her little lips are perfectly shaped. Well, I could just look at her for hours on end. It was very hard to leave. Then, getting the call from Bill during our travels back home, about Viv having a blockage in her intestine, well, my heart was breaking at the news that she had to endure surgery. I am however, very grateful that the doctor discovered she had a problem, and was able to get it taken care of so quickly and safely. Those doctors and nurses, they are very good at their jobs. That hospital is amazing. CJ is indeed fortunate to have such wonderful care. I hate it knowing Vivianna is in the hospital, hooked up to all those tubes, but ... I know she will heal fast and be home where she belongs healthy and happy soon. CJ did such a good job thru the C-section surgery. It was good to see her feeling better and stronger each day we were there. We are so proud of her. Bill did such an awesome job for CJ and his baby daughter each step of the way. Dad and I felt so very proud seeing him take such wonderful and loving care of both of them. Seeing Bill,CJ and Vivianna together just warmed my heart. They are a wonderful family unit. Just as it should be, strong and full of love.

It was great to get to go and be there with them. It made it more special to be able to have Angela, Grandma and Aunt Patty also be there with us. It was nice to have some time together. Aunt Patty and I sang to Viv, " You Are My Sunshine ", so fun and a precious memory for sure. Ang and I stole away some alone time together. We went for a walk in the afternoon,Thursday, in Jacksonville, down by the river and had a Margarita ... ummm good. Dad,Angela,Grandma,Aunt Patty and I went swimming two nights in a row at the hotel too. ( with some drinks) Dad even got in a conference call while there. It was a good couple of days. Now, we are back home here in Hammondsport. Aunt Patty stayed with Grandma for the month of July. It will do her good(and me too). Dad and I went to church this morning and then out to breakfast. We had wanted to take the boat out for a ride, although ... it clouded up and rained all afternoon ! Geez !! I seem to never get to enjoy the lake ! So, we really just loafed around the rest of the day. Hmmm ? I guess that is OK huh ? After all our travels, we needed a day of rest. Aunt Margaret said Erica and Marc are coming tomorrow and staying a week. I guess they are staying at the cottage. She still doesn't know if they will get married while they are here or not. But ... please do not mention anything about it to them, Aunt Margaret didn't want anyone to know about it. So we will see if they do or not ? Personally, I hope they do. I sure would if it were me !

I hope you all have a good week. It is hard to believe it is almost July. Anyone having a 4th of July picnic ? Dad said we should drive to Tommy & Jens place ! ( it would be nice ! ) Bill ... send us pictures when ever you can and while Viv is in the hospital, we do appreciate a phone call up-date each day too. If ever you decide you need help there, just ask. It is never an imposition, only a joy. I can imagine you will just be happy to get into your own routines as soon as possible ! That will feel so good.

Our family is growing, and it feels wonderful. I always have you each in my heart, in my thoughts and prayers, and in my treasured memories.

"Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose."
- Kevin Arnold


Take care, have a good week, take good care of each other. God bless each of you, I love you, Momma G


0 comments: