Monday, May 18, 2009

All My Children # 16

Hello to all,

well now ... number 16, that is my favorite number. I have always liked that number since I was a young girl. Isn't it cool that our house number and post office box #, here in Hammondsport are both 16 ! Yep ... that's my number and I am sticking to it !
So how is everyone doing ? The spring is here, and I love it. We have had a few days where the weather is in the 70's but mostly in the 50's & 60's here. The sunshine has been great. I am looking forward to the warmer temps for sure. I love sitting back out on our porch ( so does Aunt Patty ! ) It is so delightful to ear the birds singing again.
Dad and I worked in the yard this past weekend. It was our first weekend here in Hammondsport in 2 months ! Geez ! It felt good to just be able to stay here. I can't wait to be able to get some things done here again one of these days. We are actually running back to Chardon tonight, just to be there for tomorrow ( Tuesday) to work all day on certain things, then we head back tomorrow evening, yes just a 24 hr. trip. There is a crew coming to our house to take pictures and we need to finish up a few things. (paint the outside doors frames dad installed the last time, paint the porch steps, re-tile some of the craft room floor, and just a few other things) Then we will head there again, this memorial day weekend, Friday night, thru Sunday. We are going to the Elton John/Billy Joel concert ( can't wait ... it will be fantastic !) with Ed and finishing up whatever other work we can for the summer. Even though it is Memorial day weekend, we will want to be back here on Monday to do stuff. (pick up the boat for one thing)

We sure had fun at the shower huh ?! I am so happy that so many of my cousins came ! What a wonderful turn out. Grandma sure did a great job organizing everything. I enjoyed myself all weekend just getting to be with everyone and visiting and laughing a lot !! That really did me good. Every time I would look around, it was just so nice to see each of you having such a good time. Gosh Bill & CJ ... you received so many wonderful baby things ! What a nice start to raising Viv !! I can't wait to see your baby furniture. It will be so nice. I can't wait to see your nursery. I wish I was there to paint it for you. I would have liked being able to do that for you. I will miss getting to see you as you get toward your due date. It was just so great to be able to sit around grandma's porch and enjoy visiting with you. I sure hope your mom had a nice time CJ. I am so happy she came too ! It would have been perfect had Ed, Tom & Jen been there too. We missed you ! We have a " guessing pot " going on. You need to send me your $1.00 and your guess for Vivianna's birth weight and length. Below is everyone else's guess so far, I'll let Ed, Tommy and Jennifer get back to me with your guess first (quickly please) then send an email to Laurel, Margaret and Sheree and let them guess too. ( it is just the birth weight that will win the pot, the length is just for fun )Then the pot will be a whopping $ 15.00 !

Names
Weight (pounds.ounces)
     Length (inches)
Bill
8.8
21.50
CJ
7.2
20.00
Claire
6.5
17.50
Momma G.
7.8
18.00
Poppa G.
8.3
18.50
Grandma
6.0
19.00
Grandpa John
7.7
17.25
Ed
Tommy John
8.10
21.75
Jennifer
6.12
19.00
Angela
7.4
19.50
Laurel
Aunt Margaret
Aunt Sheree
Kathy Scotchel
7.60
21.00

OK kids, I love you all. I miss you too. I sure wish we could see each other often. Take care of each other. Call when you can. We love you so very much.

Life is like a mirror. If you frown at it, it frowns back.
If you smile at it, it returns the greeting.
- Herbert Samuels

Love & Blessings, Momma G


1 comments:

Tommy John said...

hey mom...i just added jennifer and my guesses to the list...i reformatted the list as well to make it a little easier to read...let me know when other people submit their guesses and i can add them...you may not be able to figure out how to add them to the newly formatted columns i did